2016, Installation with paintings and videos
(Part of the event series: No new kind of Duck: Ways of carving out space for conflicting realities, Rosa-Luxemburg Platz, Berlin)
1. Into Not to it, oil on canvas, 75 x 85cm
2. I try, acrylic on canvas, 30x40 cm
3. Trias/#3 (red painting), oil on canvas, 30 x 40cm
4. You try, oil on canvas, 40x40cm
single-channel-video, 4:54 min. voices: Lizza May David and Ricky Francisco.
The video shows drawings by Jose Ruize Tence, a proponent of Social Realism in the Philippines. He worked for several newspapers in the Philippines during the times of Martial Law in the 1980s.
single-channel-video, 12:45 min. voices: Lizza May David and Jan Verwoert
The video shows pages from A Pictorial Guide to the Native Plants of Mt. Tapulao, courtesy of Ulysses Ferreras. Ferreras documents plants throughout the Philippines which face extinction due to the massive destruction of jungle habitats caused by resource mining and climate change.
7. Trias/#1, oil on canvas, 70x70cm
8. See you through the end of times, oil on canvas, 90x70cm
9. Backstage - horizontal/#1, acrylic and ink on canvas,
210 x 90cm